Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shaun Storey <Sh...@autotrader.co.uk> on 2016/03/22 12:06:54 UTC

Consumer Performance New Client

Hello,

I’ve a simple zookeeper and kafka cluster (3 nodes) setup for some proof of concept testing. I have a single topic which replicated across the three nodes, no partitions.

When I send 100K messages to the topic and use the consumer script provided with kafka when using the old client

i.e.

kafka/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --consumer.config consumer.config --topic my_message

I get about 5k messages per second

Simply switching to the new client

i.e.

kafka/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --new-consumer --bootstrap-server localhost:9092,localhost:9093,localhost:9094 --consumer.config consumer.config --topic my_message

The throughput drop to just 50 a second.

Has anyone else spotted this ?
This e-mail is sent on behalf of Auto Trader Group Plc, Registered Office: 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester, Lancashire, M15 4FN (Registered in England No. 9439967). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.