Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Roland Thomas Lichti <ro...@telefonica.de> on 2010/04/30 09:08:34 UTC

Problem shutting down AMQ 5.3.1 on Linux

Hi,

we switched our AMQ broker from Solaris to Linux and got it quite
stable. But we still see some strange problems.

1. Problem
Sometimes we can't shut down a broker. It hangs for hours and don't get
shut down. We have to kill it hard (kill -9). I have a jstack (which I
attach) and a logfile of 250 MB (which I will provide by request).

2. Problem
We get stuck messages on our network of brokers. Wether we use
dynamicOnly="true" or false does not matter (I had it running with true
the last two days with stuck messages and now with false we also have
stuck messages). When checking the consumer via web console I see
consumers on other brokers but when checking that consumer by clicking
on it the message says that there is no connection. How can there be a
consumer without a connection?

We are running RHEL 5.4 on
Linux lnxp-3320 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
6 GB RAM, 240 GB diskspace.

with

java version "1.6.0_18"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode)

The activemq.xml is attached.

bye,
    Roland

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT Application Manager

Telefónica o2 Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
Hülshorstweg 30, 33415 Verl
t: +49 5246 80 1121, f: +49 5246 80 2121
m: +49 160 98949570
roland.lichti@telefonica.de
http://www.telefonica.de

Bitte finden Sie hier die