Posted to user@struts.apache.org by gaffer <ga...@cox.net> on 2003/03/25 00:54:30 UTC

Does Struts automatically populate an actionForm in session scope??

Good Afternoon,

Any insight would be most appreciated as I can't seem to get an
actionForm to automatically populate in session scope.

I am assuming that Struts manages beans regardless of scope.

Proper conditions for setting and getting an actionForm in session scope
are ?????

actionForm scope in struts-config is set to "session"
actionForm implements java.io.Serializable
empty constructor for actionForm
request.getSession() for accessing parameters

If the actionForm is in scope, I should see the sessionid appended to
the uri in the form?

I have added a System.out.println to a couple of setters in the bean to
see when it is getting populated, but nothing happens when the form is
submitted.

Many thanks for your valuable time.
Al

--