Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Boris Milikič <bo...@mf-rs.si> on 2007/09/20 09:54:21 UTC

RE: Captcha for comments

I'm not sure if this works in newer version of Roller. Following JCAPTCHA tutorial, nothing happened in Roller 3.1 and I've got Math question, when open this URL http://localhost:8080/roller/CommentAuthenticatorServlet

But http://localhost:8080/roller/jcaptcha.do  display an image.

If I change   <servlet-name>CommentAuthenticatorServlet</servlet-name> in web.xml to JCaptchaCommentAuthenticator, Roller not started.

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor roller.xml
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/roller/presentation/velocity/CommentAuthenticator
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

Boris

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/07, Boris Milikič <bo...@mf-rs.si> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this works in newer version of Roller. Following JCAPTCHA tutorial, nothing happened in Roller 3.1 and I've got Math question, when open this URL http://localhost:8080/roller/CommentAuthenticatorServlet
>
> But http://localhost:8080/roller/jcaptcha.do  display an image.
>

> If I change   <servlet-name>CommentAuthenticatorServlet</servlet-name> in web.xml to JCaptchaCommentAuthenticator, Roller not started.
>
> SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor roller.xml
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/roller/presentation/velocity/CommentAuthenticator
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

Looks like that JCAPTCHA plugin is written for the URL structure and
package names of Roller 2.0.

We can't add JCAPTCHA to Roller because it is GPL (or is it LGPL), but
we could host the plugin code on Roller Support.

- Dave