Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2003/11/18 14:26:38 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/community committer.xml book.xml

crossley@apache.org wrote:

>          Here is one way to find files that have DOS line-endings:
>          <code>find . -type f | xargs grep -l '^M'</code>
>          (to add the ^M use "Ctrl-v Ctrl-m" at the command-line).
>

>          Here is one way to find files that have any hidden control
>          characters:
>          <code>find . -type f | xargs grep -l '[[:cntrl:]]'</code>

THANK YOU!!! That's the piece of wisdom which I was missing! :-) :-) :-)

Vadim

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/community committer.xml book.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> crossley
>
> >          Here is one way to find files that have DOS line-endings:
> >          <code>find . -type f | xargs grep -l '^M'</code>
> >          (to add the ^M use "Ctrl-v Ctrl-m" at the command-line).
> >
> >          Here is one way to find files that have any hidden control
> >          characters:
> >          <code>find . -type f | xargs grep -l '[[:cntrl:]]'</code>
>
> THANK YOU!!! That's the piece of wisdom which I was missing! :-) :-) :-)

So now that your wisdom is complete, where do you evolve to? :-)

I am glad that i could help. It took me a whole day to figure that
all out and test it. There was a stack of textbooks open on my desk
to no avail. Google was running hot and provided the final answers.

--David