Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 02:49:29 UTC

Re: Setting up cluster

It is possible that your slaves are unable to contact the master due to a
network routing, firewall or hostname resolution error.

The alternative is that your namenode is either failing to start, or running
from a different configuration file and binding to a different port.

RE: Setting up cluster

Posted by Karthikeyan V <ka...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Make sure that u have added the hostname properly in masters and slaves file. Can you attach the content of /etc/hosts file.

V.Karthikeyan

Ok. I dont have a firewall so that shouldnt be a problem. I'll look into the
other things once. How can I point the system to use a particular config
file? Arent those fixed to hadoop-default.xml and hadoop-site.xml?

Re: Setting up cluster

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Oh ok.. I am not very familiar with the intricate details yet. But I got
what you are saying. I'll look into these things and try and figure out
where the mismatch is happening.

Thanks!

Re: Setting up cluster

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.