Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by atawfik <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/17 09:54:20 UTC

Large scale Update of solr indexed documents

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to generate summaries of indexed documents.
So, I initially thought I should do that at Nutch because I am using Nutch
to push documents to Solr. However, I will need some statistics about terms
and documents. Hence, I will have to duplicate analysis at Nutch. Therefore,
Nutch is not the right place to handle that.

I ended up with two potential solutions. The first is to use Solr. However,
I am not sure how to handle that.

The second solution is actually to read directly from Lucene index, access
whatever statistics i need then generate summary.

The other challenge is that Solr have around 5 millions documents. The
solution needs to be scalable as well.

Any ideas or thoughts are very much welcome.

Ameer