Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/20 23:28:51 UTC

Tap4 documentation: the For component example is not complete

Hi,
I continue to post some erratum for the online documentation.
I'm a beginner so I fall in every simple hole.

The "For" component example on pages
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/ComponentReference/For.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/general/for.html
is not complete.

element="tr">

To works I have to add a line in the page specification to "create" the
property used by the For 's value attribute.

<page-specification>
    <property name="customer"/>
</page-specification>

without this, the page doesn't know the "customer" property.

Perhaps I'm missing something ??

Cyrille.

Re: Tap4 documentation: the For component example is not complete

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
andyhot a écrit :
> I'd open one JIRA issue in the 'documentation' category,
> and i'd start adding my findings there...

Thanks Andreas

I think it is important to spread the notoriety of  Tapestry.
When people wants to "get a try" it must be clear and easy.

I'll try to report every error/missing/clarify which I'll see.
(sorry for my bad english)

Cyrille

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
Hallo cyrille,

Its under project information (bottom of navigation) /Issue tracking

http://tapestry.apache.org/issue-tracking.html

You are in a very good situation to help improve the docu, becuase you
are learning tapestry from ground up, and doing it very thoroughly- so
its really important you add jira issues if you find something is
missing/wrong - also if its just a typo -

later you just oversee such things, because you use the docu as
reference only... keep up the good work :)

Cheers,
Ron

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Cyrille37 wrote:
> Hi,
> I continue to post some erratum for the online documentation.
> I'm a beginner so I fall in every simple hole.
>
> The "For" component example on pages
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/ComponentReference/For.html
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/general/for.html
> is not complete.

> element="tr">
>
> To works I have to add a line in the page specification to "create"
> the property used by the For 's value attribute.
>
> <page-specification>
>    <property name="customer"/>
> </page-specification>
>
> without this, the page doesn't know the "customer" property.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something ??
>
> Cyrille.

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer