Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2014/08/02 03:32:33 UTC

1.7.18 up for testing/signing

The 1.7.18 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on August 11th so
please try and get your votes/signatures in place by August 9th.

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
    +1 to release

Platform

    Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks, build 13E28

    Standard dependencies:
      Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)
      APR 1.4.5
      APR-Util 1.3.12
      zlib 1.2.5
      httpd 2.2.24
      Python 2.7.5
      Perl 5.16.2
      Ruby 2.0.0p247
      SQLite 3.7.13

    Dependencies from homebrew:
      SQLite 3.8.5_1
      Serf 1.3.6
      Neon 0.30.0
      OpenSSL 1.0.1i
      BDB 5.3.28
      Swig 3.0.2
      libmagic 5.19

    Other dependencies:
      Java 1.8.0_05-b13
      JUnit 4.11

Verified:

  Tarball contents and signatures

  (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, dav+neon, dav+serf) with 3.8.5_1
  (fsfs) x (local) with SQLite 3.7.13
  check-javahl
  check-swig-py
  check-swig-pl

New issues: None

Known issues:

  - 'make swig-rb' doesn't work with Ruby 2.0 that's standard on OSX 10.9.

  - 'make check-javahl' requires 'make install'

  - 'make check-swig-py' requires 'make install-swig-py'

  - 'make davautocheck' requires 'make install'

Known issues not re-checked:

  - 'make swig-py and 'make swig-rb' do not work in out-of-tree builds

  - 'make check-swig-rb' requires 'make install-swig-rb'
    -- 'make install-swig-rb' tries to install "something" into the
       Ruby site dir, which requires root privilege.

GPG signatures committed to the dist/dev/subversion repository.

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco | Realising the impossibilities of Big Data

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 13.08.2014 13:38, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 13 August 2014 14:16, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

That's a less than optimal approach to build management. :)

Parallel builds will work perfectly IF you tell the build system about
all dependencies. They don't currently for bindings (including JavaHL)
on Unix, because our build generator cannot represent one-to-many and
many-to-many dependencies; which is silly and should be fixed at some point.

I don't know about bindings on Windows, but the core library dependency
should be as complete as on Unix, since its generated from the same
dataset. If it's not, the project file generator needs some extra love.

-- Brane

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

+1 for release

Ran the standard [fsfs | bdb] x [local | svn | dav] tests on Windows 2012 R2 with 32 bit X86 binaries.

Apr/Util 1.5.0 / 1.5.3
Httpd 2.4.9
Expat 2.0.1
ZLib 1.2.8
Serf 1.3.5
Sasl 2.1.26
Swig 2.0.11
Sqlite 3.8.5
CMake 2.8.12.1
SCons 2.3.0

	Bert

RE: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

I've completed the complete 3x2 testrun for 1.8.10 (already added my signatures), but I hit some local problem building 1.7.18. And I'm first trying to get the Windows buildbots back up after a harddisk failure.

	Bert

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 8/9/14 7:10 AM, Ben Reser wrote:
> Voting stands now at 2 for Unix and 2 for Windows.  Need one more vote from
> both camps.  Reminder, in order to release on the 11th we need votes in by the
> 10th.  So I'd really appreciate if we can get these votes in the next day.

With Branko's vote we're not at 3 Unix, 2 Windows.

I'm not aware of anyone working on a Windows 1.7.18 vote so if you can it would
be greatly appreciated if you can take this up.

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
  +1 to release

Platform:

  Linux (Debian/wheezy) 64-bit

Tested:

  (local, svn, svn/sasl, neon, serf, serf/v1) x (fsfs, fsfs/pack/shard, bdb)
  swig-pl, swig-py, swig-rb, ctypes-python
  javahl x (fsfs, bdb)

Results:

  All tests successful apart from known failures in the Ruby tests
  test_revision_status and test_ancestry.

Local dependencies:

  apache2-threaded-dev : 2.2.22-13+deb7u3
  libapr1-dev : 1.4.6-3+deb7u1
  libaprutil1-dev : 1.4.1-3
  libdb5.1-dev : 5.1.29-5
  libsasl2-dev : 2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1
  libsqlite3-dev : 3.8.4.1-1
  perl : 5.14.2-21+deb7u1
  python2.7-dev : 2.7.3-6+deb7u2
  ruby1.8-dev : 1.8.7.358-7.1+deb7u1
  openjdk-7-jdk : 7u25-2.5.1-2~deb7u1
  serf : 1.3.x@2401

subversion-1.7.18.tar.gz

subversion-1.7.18.tar.bz2

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 2 August 2014 05:32, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.7.18 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on August 11th so
> please try and get your votes/signatures in place by August 9th.

   +1 to release.

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http ]

RESULTS:
--------
All Tests Pass

PLATFORM:
---------
MS Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR: 1.5.0
APR-Util: 1.5.3
Apache HTTPD: 2.2.27
zlib: 1.2.8
OpenSSL: 0.9.8zb
sqlite: 3.7.6.3
neon: 0.29.6
Python: 2.6.6
serf: 1.1.1

Signatures:
-----------

   (See the appropriate distribution files.)

--
Ivan Zhakov
CTO | VisualSVN | http://www.visualsvn.com

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.
On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:

> On 8/4/14 3:15 AM, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> > On Ubuntu 14.04.1, the ruby bindings won't build because
> > configure insists in 1.8.x while the system has 1.9.x.
> >
> > If that's a known / acceptable limitation, I'll +1 the release.
>
> Ruby 1.9+ support wasn't added until 1.8.x so yes that's an expected
> limitation.

  +1 to release

Platform

  Ubuntu 14.04.1 x64, Linux 3.13.0-32-generic SMP

  Standard dependencies:
    APR 1.5.0
    APR-Util 1.5.3
    BDB 5.3.28
    GCC 4.8.2
    httpd 2.4.7, worker MPM
    JUnit 4.11
    libmagic 5.14
    neon 0.30.0
    OpenJDK-7 7u51
    OpenSSL 1.0.1f
    Perl 5.18.2
    Python 2.7.5
    Ruby 1.9.3
    SQLite 3.8.2
    Swig 2.0.11
    zlib 1.2.8

  Manually installed and in-tree dependencies:
    Serf 0.7.2
    ctypesgen svn-r151

Verified:

  Tarball contents and signatures

  (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, neon, serf)
  check-swig-py
  check-swig-pl
  check-swig-rb
  check-javahl
  check-ctypes-python

  ./get-deps.sh

Results:

  All tests passed, except for
  check-swig-rb failing to build (ruby 1.9.x is not supported)

GPG Signatures committed to the dist/dev/subversion repository.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: 1.7.18 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.7.18 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on August 11th so
> please try and get your votes/signatures in place by August 9th.

SUMMARY:
---------
+1 to release

VERIFIED:
---------
Other than the expected differences in
subversion/include/svn_version.h,
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.18.zip
is identical to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/1.7.x@1615261

Calculated SHA1 checksum of
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.18.zip
as 09fa636f2c59a5a4bc965def814645a2841e1b91, which agrees to the
published value at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.18.zip.sha1

C:\SVN\Google Drive\Subversion\NOTES\Release Testing\1.7.18>gpg2
--verify subversion-1.7.18.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 08/01/14 21:08:17 Eastern Daylight Time using RSA
key ID 16A0DE01
gpg: Good signature from "Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Ben Reser <br...@apache.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Ben Reser <be...@wandisco.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 19BB CAEF 7B19 B280 A0E2  175E 62D4 8FAD 16A0 DE01

TESTED:
-------
[Release-Build] x[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ ra_file | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf ]
Ruby bindings (patched as described here:
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2011-06/0682.shtml)
JavaHL Bindings

RESULTS:
--------

All tests pass.

PLATFORM:
---------
MS Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR: 1.4.6
APR-UTIL: 1.4.1
Neon: 0.29.5
zlib: 1.2.4
OpenSSL: 0.9.8q
Apache: 2.2.22
BDB: 4.8.30
sqlite: 3.7.7.1
Python: 2.7.2 (ActivePython 2.7.2.5)
Perl: 5.14.2
Ruby: ruby 1.8.7
java: 1.7.0_10
junit: 4.8.2
swig: 1.3.40
serf: 1.2.1

SIGNATURE:
user: "Paul T. Burba <pb...@collab.net>"
4096-bit RSA key, ID 56F3D7BC, created 2012-12-11

For https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.18.zip:

--
Paul T. Burba
CollabNet, Inc. -- www.collab.net -- Enterprise Cloud Development