Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Kramer <ma...@firemail.de> on 2001/09/29 17:46:09 UTC

tomcat 3.2 - xml problem

hi,

I've a problem using XML with my webapp.
I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3. I added xalan.jar and xerces.jar to my /lib directory which are needed by my webapp.
But my Webapp reported this error:
"Error in stylesheet Namespace not supported by SAXParse"

So I looked into the mailinglist archive and changed the following:
 - deleteted jaxp.jar
 - renamed parser.jar to zparser.jar
But when I start tomcat, it says:
"Using classpath: /usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/ant.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-
3.2.3/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/test:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-
3.2.3/lib/xalan.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/xerces.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/zparser.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar"
and stopped. no more messages or errors.

I hope anyone can help me.

I've even tried to upgrade to tomcat4. but this has produced some more errors, I can't solve.

ciao Markus

Re: How to unsubscribe tomcat-user mailing list?

Posted by RahulKrishna Gupta <rk...@operamail.com>.
Sam wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>  how to unsubscribe this mailing list?
>  thanks in advance.
>
>--sam

   <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

-RKG

How to unsubscribe tomcat-user mailing list?

Posted by Sam <is...@ms45.hinet.net>.
Hi everybody,

Re: tomcat as service!

Posted by RahulKrishna Gupta <rk...@operamail.com>.
Vara Prashanth wrote:

>Hello all:
>
>I am trying to run tomcat 3.2.2 as a service on my machine. The problem
>however is I don't have the jk_nt_service.exe file! Can anyone of you please
>tell me if I can use any oher version of the file? I tried looking up the
>3.2.2 on the apache site but it gets re-directed to the 3.2.3 binaries. Does
>that mean I can use the exe file from there.
>
>thanks
>Prashanth

just try it out. no harms.

Re: tomcat as service!

Posted by Bruce Carson <ba...@world.std.com>.
Vara,

The binaries appear to be forward compatable.  One interesting difference is that you have to use forward slashes in the newer
version - the "backslash" directory separator no longer works when specifying the path to your configuration
(wrapper.properties)file.  A benefit of the newer version is you can specify the dependency of your Apache service on your Tomcat
service from the command line rather than having to play around in the registry!

Bruce

tomcat as service!