Posted to dev@click.apache.org by ljnb01 <im...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/06 17:48:18 UTC

How to become a commiter?

I checked out Click project out of svn, how can I apply for an account to
become a committer to help fix bugs etc?

Jeff

-----
http://blogs.dengsoft.com/index.php/tech/ Java Technology Blog

Re: How to become a commiter?

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

A good starting put would be to create yourself a JIRA account. Work
on something you find interesting and provide some patches. This is a
good way to get familiar with the project and get guidance from
committers on how to work in the project.

If you are looking for an interesting item, the builder pattern would
be a good one:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-565

People see to feel that the builder pattern is better than the factory
pattern (and I agree with this). I would imagine we would have two
builder classes FormBuilder and TableBuilder in click extras.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: How to become a commiter?

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,