Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/11 21:44:30 UTC

[ann] couchdbproxy 0.1

Hi all,

Quick mail to let you know I just released CouchdbProxy. CouchdbProxy
is a imple multinode couchdb proxy. It allows you to proxy from one ip
(balanced or not) to muliple couchdb nodes running on differents ips
or ports. CouchdbProxy also supports streaming, some basic url
rewriting and domain aliasing. You could add/remove a user couchdb
node or an alias dynamically. So basically it allows you to host a
little couch.io like on your own side.

With couchdbproxy you could do something like

http://someuser.yourdomain.com -> someip:someport

or http://mydomain.com - someip:someport/mydb/_design/mycouchapp.

I've posted the code on github :

    http://github.com/benoitc/couchdbproxy

some todo :

- support for ec2 images
- reuse http connection if possible.
- add some caching possibilities using redis/memcached
- more dispatching.

any feedback is welcome.

enjoy,

- benoît, http://benoitc.im

Re: [ann] couchdbproxy 0.1

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ad...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 11, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Adam Kocoloski
> <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Benoit, cool!  I wonder if an SSL wrapper would make sense
>> here?  Best,
>>
>> Adam
>>

> Yes definitly. Last time I had a look on it I didn't see any ssl
> possibility in mochiweb. Maybe there is a patch somewhere though?  I
> will have a look on it.
>
> I expect to add more features and a live example tomorrow.
>
> - benoît

Ah right, you're using mochi for this too. There is a patch in the
mochiweb tracker for SSL support; I don't remember the discussion
surrounding it. I was simply looking for a way to get an SSL-enabled
Couch w/o resorting to Apache or nginx, but if mochiweb grows an SSL
mode then we'll have it in core. Cheers,

Adam

Re: [ann] couchdbproxy 0.1

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ann] couchdbproxy 0.1