Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by Adam Eva <ad...@yahoo.de> on 2008/09/18 23:28:13 UTC

e:link and missing onMouse-Events

Hello,

is it true, that I am the first subscriper?

I am actually try to test this framework and oooops on my first page I tried to use the e:link-tag and missing the onMouse-Events : (
Is anyone here who may help me and add this "normal" feature to this framework?

Cheers
Adam and Eve

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: link and missing onMouse-Events

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Dear Adam,

You are right, the onMouse events have not (yet) been provided for the link tag.

Although we have big web projects running using the Empire-struts2-ext, we have not felt the need for it yet.

But true, this is something that really should be there.

The e:link tag is an extention to the Struts2 anchor tag (<s:a>) with the following differences:

-           the action can be specified directly without a prior <s:url> definition.

-           the action can be specified without the mapping name i.e. with only the function name. In this case the current mapping will be used. (i.e. instead of "myaction!myfunction" it is allowed to say "!myfunction" if the function is on the current action class.

-           the link label (text) allows to specifiy a resource key which will be looked up from the resource bundly.

-           The disabled attribute allows to simple enable / disable the link. If disabled then no anchor element is rendered.

If you need the onMouse event now, I recommend using the struts2 anchor tag for the moment.

We can easily add support for the mouse events and provide you with the functions.

However for this you would have to obtain the empire-struts2-extentions from the Apache SVN repository (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/empire-db/trunk) and build the jar yourself.

Otherwise you would have to wait for the next official release (1.0.5).

Before we make these changes, are there any other attributes you are missing on any of the tags?

(I know, the tag reference documentation is not yet available - but will be coming soon)

BTW: You are not the first subscriber but the majority of traffic has been on the empire-db-dev mailing list.

Regards,

Rainer