Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dhananjay Katre <dh...@vnnogile.com> on 2015/09/01 08:32:28 UTC

Inventory Status Update - not changing the available to promise quantity

Hello,

I have a record in inventory_item table (InventoryItem entity)  for a
product ID say 1001.  The available to promise quantity is 10.

Now, say, I change the statusId of the inventory item to Defective
(non-serialized), I expect the available to promise quantity to fall down
to 0 since now I have updated the status ID of the inventory to defective.

However, the available to promise quantity is not getting decreased. Am I
missing something or is my understanding wrong?

Regards,
Dhananjay Katre
Director and Cofounder
vnnogile Solutions Private Limited

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: Inventory Status Update - not changing the available to promise quantity

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Dhananjay!

Jacques

Posted by Dhananjay Katre <dh...@vnnogile.com>.
Hello Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dhananjay Katre <dh...@vnnogile.com>.
Hello Sharan,

Thanks for the reply. I tested it as the way you suggested and it is
working.

Since there are two fields quantityOnHandTotal and availableToPromiseTotal
on the InventoryItem record, in scenarios such as defective product, I
would think that quantityOnHandTotal will still show whatever quantity (for
eg 10) and availableToPromiseTotal for that InventoryItem to be 0 if all 10
inventory items are defective.  That was what I had in mind when I asked
the question.

Anyway, thanks for getting my doubt solved.