Posted to builds@apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/08/19 10:56:01 UTC

[Hudson] New OS X slave

Hi

Thanks to a donation of two Xserve machines, we now have a Hudson
slave running on OS X Server Snow Leopard. The slave is named "osx1"
and have a label "osx". It runs two executors.

I've installed Maven and Ant. Also, I've set up JDK 1.6 and 1.5 to
point at the default installations on the server. However, Apple has
done this great trick to actually soft link JDK 1.5 to 1.6, so they
point at the exact same code. There does not seem to be any supported
way to install 1.5 on Snow Leopard, even though workarounds exist
(e.g. http://bsnyderblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/grrr-what-happened-to-java-15-on-snow.html).

If you need to have anything else installed on the machine, please add
an Infra JIRA ticket with Hudson set as the component. Macports is
installed, so if possible, please provide installation instructions
based on ports.

Enjoy :-)

/niklas