Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by zafaralikhan14 <za...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/11 14:29:47 UTC

OFBIZ installation with eclipse + XP

I am using the ofbiz first time and did the following steps from different
installation guides.

Step-1:
Importing OFBiz from the filesystem into Eclipse
File==>Import==>General==>Existing Projects into Workspace==>
<Next>
==>Select root directory==><browse>==>ofbiz folder

Step-2:
=======
build.xml==>Right click==>Run As==>Ant Build

Step-3:
Using SVN from within Eclipse
------------------------------
(a) Eclipse==>Window==>Open Perspective==>Other==>SVN Repository Exploring

(b) <SVN Repository Tab>==>Right Click==>Url:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk ==>finish

(c) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk ==> Right click ==> Checkout

(d) Check out as a project in the workspace ==> Project Name: ofbiz ==> Next
==> Usedefault workspace
location <checked> ==> Finish(e)
 The resources 'ofbiz' already exists in the workspace and will be deleted.
Proceed? ==>

Cancel

Please Note: followed Link from step-1 to step-3
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Eclipse+Tips

Step-4:
Connect to OFBiz with Eclipse as a Debugger and Run Configurations
(a) ofbiz ==> Right Click ==> Debug As ==> Debug Configurations

(b) Remote Java Application  ==> Right Click ==> New ==> ofbiz

(c) Project: ofbiz ==> Connection Type: Standard (Socket Attach) ==> Host:
localhost ==> Socket:8091 ==> Finish

(d) Java Application option in left pan ==> Right Click ==> New ==> Project:
ofbiz ==> main class: org.ofbiz.base.start.Start

==> Stop in main <checked>

(e) Classpath <tab> ==> remove ==> ofbiz (default classpath) ==> Click User
Entries ==> Add Jar ==> ofbiz ==> ofbiz.jar ==>

Finish

Please Note: followed Link for step-4
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Running+and+Debugging+OFBiz+in+Eclipse#RunningandDebuggingOFBizinEclipse-Debugging(orrunning)OFBizinEclipse

I tried to run and its throwing the following error on the console:

Re: OFBIZ installation with eclipse + XP

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Did that work?
I just did the build outside of eclipse (I always get errors in eclipse).
I use debug in eclipse and can set breakpoints in the java.
I do the external debugger method wher you use the startofbiz.sh I made a
new version where I enabled the debug statements in the script. I turned on
the wait. then I start eclipse remote debug and it starts ofbiz with
debugging. If you dont need that I would not use eclipse.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: OFBIZ installation with eclipse + XP

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is not enough you must run "run-install"
1) Open the "Externals tools configuration" created automatically by Eclipse while you ran "Run as==> 2Ant Build" option from
eclipse."
2) And look for the "run-install" target, it's the one you must run before being able to see the demo works

Jacques

From: "zafaralikhan14" <za...@gmail.com>

Posted by zafaralikhan14 <za...@gmail.com>.
Respected Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "zafaralikhan14" <za...@gmail.com>

Posted by zafaralikhan14 <za...@gmail.com>.

Amit Sharma-10 wrote:

> It seems from your error you should increase your heap size.
> Try this |java -Xmx256M -jar ofbiz.jar |to run OFBiz.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Now its throwing errors. Please check
the following:
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n585908/console_output_1.txt console_output_1.txt
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n585908/debug.txt debug.txt

Thanks again for helping

Re: OFBIZ installation with eclipse + XP

Posted by Amit Sharma <am...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Zafar,

It seems from your error you should increase your heap size.
Try this |java -Xmx256M -jar ofbiz.jar |to run OFBiz.

HTH

Amit Sharma