Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Stefano Emilio Campanini <ca...@yahoo.it> on 2003/10/30 09:20:27 UTC

Where is project docs?

Hello,

I like to contrbiute developing Pluto, but I can't find any draft of
specification and any project docs like Use Case drafts , Requirements
Collections/Detailed Objectives drafts , some UML desgn.

Someone can tell me where I can find a documentation about some of the
above docs? How can people contribute without a draft of specification?

Bye
Stefano

RE: Where is project docs?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
David DeWolf  wrote:

> IMHO the following are the most critical things:
> 1. Get the pluto website contents checked into
>    cvs in some easily modifiable format  This
>    will help kick-start the process of adding
>    content to it.
Yes, definitly. Now the other apache projects use different
xml formats for the docs. I'm wondering if the
original docs that are now on our website have
been written by hand or generated from xml.

> 2. Add some basic status and todo lists to the
>    Pluto Website.  This will foster additional
>    participation from the community
>
> 3. Get Pluto set up in Bugzilla.  This will also
>    aid in fostering participation.

Yes. If noone is against it, I can add a new project
to bugzilla (I think I have enough karma for it).

> I for one am ready and willing to assist with this
> documentation/set up.  A
> couple of weeks ago I submitted a patch which was aimed at kick starting
> this documentation process.  This documentation was based on
> jakarta-site2.
> I've yet to hear any feedback and am interested in what I need to revise
> and/or add to get the documentation committed.  I firmly believe that
> getting rid of the dead links, adding information about status/todo items
> and answering some additional basics about pluto on the site will help the
> community grow.

Can you please repost your patch? Somehow I didn't receive it.

Thanks
Carsten

RE: Where is project docs?

Posted by David DeWolf <da...@daviddewolf.com>.
I think more than jsr-168 docs people may be looking for specific ways to
get involved.  Obviously, since this is an incubator project that's fairly
new, there aren't a lot of documents (if any) relating to status, todo
lists, etc. . .  Additionally, since we haven't been added to Bugzilla yet,
people can't pick a bug and start working on it.

What will it take to get the pluto website flushed out with some of these
specifics.  This will definately help those that are asking the "where are?"
questions as well as assisting in the incubation process.

[...]

Would someone who is qualified (a committer, our shepherd, etc. . .) please
provide a little more detail on the things that need to be done to get
things rolling in this regard.  I'm getting the impression that there are
several people ready and willing to help that just don't know where to
begin.

Thanks!

David

Re: Where is project docs?