Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by saurabh pratap singh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 10:11:34 UTC

Implementation of Arrow table to Parquet File Writer

Hi

I wanted to know whether there is a support/library available for
writing arrow tables as parquet files.
Meanwhile I tried writing my own converter where I am using SchemaConverter
provided by arrow (to convert arrow schema to parquet ) Then Converting
Arrow table to Group(ParquetExample Group reader/writer as a reference from
parquet-mr) and dump as parquet .This works for primitive types without any
issues but for nested types it will be little complicated so wanted to know
if anything like this already exists or planned in near future .

Thanks in advance.Please let me know if some other information is required
from my side.

Re: Implementation of Arrow table to Parquet File Writer

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
There is not yet anything checked in in Arrow.  There is an open PR to wrap
the C++ parquet writer via JNI, however the C++ implementation does not yet
supported nested columns.

Posted by saurabh pratap singh <sa...@gmail.com>.
forgot to mention using Java