Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sr...@porsche.de on 2004/01/08 10:38:53 UTC

PVCS task

Hi,
Hi we are using a windows 2000 sever for PVCS VM I-Net 7.5.1.0 (Build 297)

The ant manual says that i should have the necessary access to PVCS
repository. Could anyone tell me how i should point to this repository and
what access i should have. ( i am not sure how pvcs stores its files as
well in the repository !)

thanks and regards
sri

Re: PVCS task

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
The Ant tasks will be using the PVCS command-line
interface which tie in with the PVCS server
installation.  The I-Net frontend will not come into
play.  You will need to find out from your PVCS
administrator on what server the PVCS project
database(s) and archives reside and use those.  I
couldn't say about the access because I haven't really
used the PVCS optional tasks.  You can do a lot of
custom stuff with <exec> and <apply> that aren't in
the task.  In general in PVCS as with most anything
else, what access you need really depends on what you
need to be able to do.

-Matt