Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by andreea raluca <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/16 15:42:16 UTC

generate random value in hex

Hello,
I have to generate in JMeter a randomized variable that have this form: id=4eeb87da1cdf8812. In the code it’s described like this :
 '&id=' . substr(md5(microtime() . uniqid('')), 0, 16)
Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Re: generate random value in hex

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 November 2011 20:25, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> microtime:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.microtime.php
>
> uniqid
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.uniqid.php
>
> md5:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.md5.php
>
> Since a substring of 0,16 is done on it, it could just be a random and
> RandomString might do it.

Good point.

> Otherwise you will have to use BeanShell.

... or one of the other scripting languages supported by JMeter.

> You may also develop an MD5 function and contribute it.

JMeter already includes Commons Codec, which has some useful MD5
methods in DigestUtils.

These could be used in any of the scripting functions - or indeed used
to create an independent MD5 function.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
microtime:

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.