Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Konrad Holl <KH...@searchtechnologies.com> on 2016/03/09 15:36:48 UTC

[apache-manifoldcf-solr-5.x-plugin-2.2] Add support for User Principal

Hi,

I'm using ManifoldCF 2.3 with Solr 5.4.1 and the Velocity templating engine. I needed to do searches with ACLs enabled and installed the plugin. Unfortunately it is not possible to use the login information provided by Jetty in the Solr plugin.

As of Solr 5.3 it is possible to extract the authenticated user from the SolrQueryRequest object: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_3_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/request/SolrQueryRequest.html#getUserPrincipal(). I added these lines to the code in org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent before the evaluation of parameters for authenticated user name:

    if (rb.req.getUserPrincipal() != null) {
                domainMap.put("", rb.req.getUserPrincipal().getName() + ((authDomain == null) ? "" : "@" + authDomain));
    }
    else {
      // Get the authenticated user name from the parameters

I also needed an addition setting "authDomain" in the search component configuration. Now I can use Velocity even for documents with ACLs :o)

Maybe this will make it into the distribution at some point.

Thanks

-Konrad

KONRAD HOLL
Senior Technical Consultant