Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Madan U S <ma...@collab.net> on 2006/12/20 17:42:52 UTC

[patch][merge-tracking] Step 1 of wc 2 repos copyfrom recording

Hi,

    Please find attached the step 1 of implementing wc 2 repos copy. Am
splitting this into multiple steps for easier understanding.

    This step uses the outgoing_prop_changes member of the
svn_client_commit_items3_t structure and sets the copyfrom mergeinfo into
the file/dir. The next step would be to actually calculate the copyfrom
mergeinfo and fill it into the outgoing_prop_changes.

    It would be necessary to mention that the following tests fail over ra_dav and ra_svn
on my laptop:
        merge_tests.py 4
        merge_tests.py 39

    But dlr is not seeing these failures and the attached patch doesnt change the way these
tests behave on my laptop, so sending these across.
    Dan: could you run a dav/svn make check before committing please. Thanks.

Regards,
Madan.

Re: [patch][merge-tracking] Step 1 of wc 2 repos copyfrom recording

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Madan S. wrote:
>     Please find attached the step 1 of implementing wc 2 repos copy. Am
> splitting this into multiple steps for easier understanding.
>
>     This step uses the outgoing_prop_changes member of the
> svn_client_commit_items3_t structure and sets the copyfrom mergeinfo into
> the file/dir. The next step would be to actually calculate the copyfrom
> mergeinfo and fill it into the outgoing_prop_changes.

Madan, I've committed this change to trunk.

>     It would be necessary to mention that the following tests fail over ra_dav and ra_svn
> on my laptop:
>         merge_tests.py 4
>         merge_tests.py 39

I don't see these test failures on trunk after applying your patch.
I'll try'em out on the branch shortly.