Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> on 2016/09/23 20:02:44 UTC

support for old clients

I'm creating a new subproject for supporting old GemFire clients and WAN
sites and need a name for it.  All of the current ones are prefixed with
"geode-".

How about geode-gemfire-support?

Re: support for old clients

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
What about geode-client-support? Or geode-client-compatibility?

I think that expresses intent to support backwards compatibility for prior client versions accordingly to the policies in the wiki [1].

Anthony

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Managing+Backward+Compatibility <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Managing+Backward+Compatibility>