Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai> on 2023/01/10 08:18:04 UTC

[DRAFT] January Board Report

Hi all,

I have created a draft of the board report. Please provide feedback if I missed something or you have something to add:

The mission of Apache StreamPipes is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a self-service Industrial IoT toolbox which enables non-technical
users to connect, analyze and explore IoT data streams

## Issues:
No Issues

## Membership Data:
Apache StreamPipes was founded 2022-11-16 (2 months ago)
There are currently 24 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Zike Yang was added to the PMC on 2022-11-26
- Cedric Kulbach was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Sven Oehler was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Xin Wang was added as committer on 2022-11-25

## Project Activity:
- Improve the setup of GitHub to make it more friendly for new developers
  - e.g. mark more issues with the tag 'good first issue'
- The project is currently in the release process for version 0.90.0
  - Last release (0.70.0) October 13, 2022
- Code improvement, dependency update and code base cleanup

## Community Health:
- Constantly growing traffic on the mailing list (November: 399, December: 468).
- Several PRs were submitted by new developers
- Organization of the first community call for the end of January

Cheers,
Philipp

Re: [DRAFT] January Board Report

Posted by Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org>.
Thanks from me as well for the work.
Nothing to add :)

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Philipp,
thanks for creating the report! I don't have any comments.

Cheers
Dominik