Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 21:03:39 UTC

testsuite cleanup (in trunk)

Some of the tests in testsuite are broken and fail for one reason or
another. I tried to fix as many tests as I could but there is still a
bunch of them that I'm not sure how to fix. It would be great if
people could take a look at the tests that they are familiar with and
try to fix them (or disable/remove them if too outdated or whatever).

Here's a list of the tests that fail for me:

web-testsuite
  o test-jetty
  o test-tomcat
  o test-security

deployment-testsuite
  o jca-cms-tests

enterprise-testsuite
  o ejbcontainer-tests
  o jms-tests
  o sec-tests

Jarek

Re: testsuite cleanup (in trunk)

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
> deployment-testsuite
>   o deploy-tests
The 1 error in deployment-testsuite/deploy-tests is caused by this JIRA.

> enterprise-testsuite
>   o ejbcontainer-tests
We had a full good run of ejbcontainer tests when we had Openejb 2.1.
We need to do something similar by getting their new 3.0 itests-webapp
to deploy on Geronimo.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Tim,

Here's the bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSELENIUM-25

Jarek

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Here's a quick update on the testsuite cleanup. All tests (except one)
> are pretty much passing now both in trunk and branches/2.0. The
> testsuite should also run more reliably now as we discovered and fixed
> a bug in the selenium plugin.
>
> So once we make the builds more reliable and fix the last failing test
> (deployment-testsuite/jca-cms-tests) we should be all set.
>
> Jarek
>
> On 9/21/07, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some of the tests in testsuite are broken and fail for one reason or
>> another. I tried to fix as many tests as I could but there is still a
>> bunch of them that I'm not sure how to fix. It would be great if
>> people could take a look at the tests that they are familiar with and
>> try to fix them (or disable/remove them if too outdated or whatever).
>>
>> Here's a list of the tests that fail for me:
>>
>> web-testsuite
>>   o test-jetty
>>   o test-tomcat
>>   o test-security
>>
>> deployment-testsuite
>>   o jca-cms-tests
>>
>> enterprise-testsuite
>>   o ejbcontainer-tests
>>   o jms-tests
>>   o sec-tests
>>
>> Jarek

Tim McConnell

Re: testsuite cleanup (in trunk)

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Many many thanks for looking at this!

I will look into jca-cms-tests and sec-tests but I have several other
tasks ahead of this, and if anyone else beats me to fixing them I
will not object.

thanks
david jencks