Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Patrick C. Lankswert" <PL...@InsightBB.COM> on 2003/02/10 06:17:26 UTC

RE: Encryption

Jeremias,

Ok... with two separate weekends of the stomach flu in my house, it took a
little longer than I had hoped. However, I have a working copy of the V1 R2
encryption with support for user and owner passwords, print, copy, content
edit and annotation edit control written against v0.20.4. Some more QC and
commenting and it will be ready for submission. I have command line control
of options which are passed to the renderer via renderOptions. All
encryption is support via bouncecastle's provider. Now a couple questions
before I submit it.

1) Which version do the committers want this verified? 0.20.4 or 0.20.4rc?
2) Where can I find some complicated fo files for transforming and testing?
3) Is anybody interested in helping to test this?
4) I would like to implement the PDF 1.4 version V2 for the fop redesign...
is anybody interested?

Pat Lankswert

Posted by "Patrick C. Lankswert" <PL...@InsightBB.COM>.
Jeremias (et al.),

I have implemented the changes as prescribed and tested it with several fo
files containing text and graphics. Everything looks good so far. I have two
open issues:

1) I have implemented the encryption through the command line interface and
renderOptions. Should it have been implemented to use the config.xml
instead? Both?

2) I am using Forte 4.0 CE and the built-in CVS engine. checkout was great.
However, it does not seem to support the CVS diff command. When I select
diff, it gives me a visual comparison. I assume that CVS diff is like the
UN*X command line diff for use with patch... can anybody help.
Unfortunately, I am on a Windows platform as that is our development
platform at work.

Otherwise, I ready to submit this.

Pat

On 10.02.2003 06:17:26 Patrick C. Lankswert wrote:
> Ok... with two separate weekends of the stomach flu in my house, it took a
> little longer than I had hoped. However, I have a working copy of the V1
R2
> encryption with support for user and owner passwords, print, copy, content
> edit and annotation edit control written against v0.20.4. Some more QC and
> commenting and it will be ready for submission. I have command line
control
> of options which are passed to the renderer via renderOptions. All
> encryption is support via bouncecastle's provider. Now a couple questions
> before I submit it.
>
> 1) Which version do the committers want this verified? 0.20.4 or 0.20.4rc?

Neither. We're already having 0.20.5rc and approaching 0.20.5. :-) You
should provide a unified CVS diff against the maintenance branch (CVS
tag "fop-0_20_2-maintain").

> 2) Where can I find some complicated fo files for transforming and
testing?

There's only the examples in the FOP distribution. But I think you'll
find other examples when searching the mailing list archives.

> 3) Is anybody interested in helping to test this?

I'm concentrating on the redesign. I'd rather help there.

> 4) I would like to implement the PDF 1.4 version V2 for the fop
redesign...
> is anybody interested?

Yup. Everything that brings the redesign forward is welcome.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Encryption

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Hi Patrick