Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kannan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 21:09:31 UTC

how to route the request based on custom header value?

Hi

  I am using Flex as front-end for my REST Service. I am facing issue with
flash player. It  does not support PUT / DELETE request. I am trying to make
those request by custom header value like below mentioned code.

var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
loader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);
var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("/url/to/rest/server");
equest.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
request.data = "dummyData"; // Some data needed, otherwise sent as GET
request!
request.requestHeaders = [new URLRequestHeader("X-HTTP-Method-Override",
"DELETE")];
oader.load(request);

So in CXF side, i need to handle if request contains custom header value
based on that request needs to route @Delete. Is it possible?

Thanks
Kannan

Re: how to route the request based on custom header value?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it should work. A custom query such as ?_method=DELETE will also do
it...

cheers, Sergey