Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by karim zerioh <ze...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/05/10 17:35:01 UTC

help me start with xalan

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed xalan.
But i can't make it work.
I have installed Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
Standard Edition Version 1.3.1
I set the classpath as the following:
set CLASSPATH=c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xalan.jar;
c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xml-apis.jar;
c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xercesImpl.jar

Now when i run an example proposed in the getting
started page of xalan i get the following error:
C:\xalan-j_2_3_1\samples\SimpleTransform>java
SimpleTransform
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: SimpleTransform

So, what should I do?
I've never programmed with java :(
I hope this isn't too obvious for people who use java
:)

Thank you

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: help me start with xalan

Posted by Xavier Renard <Xa...@ulg.ac.be>.
> Hello,
>
> It still gives me the same error.
>
> Here is my autoexec.bat perhaps i made somme error.
>
> mode con codepage prepare=((850)
> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega4.cpi)
> mode con codepage select=850
> keyb fr 850
> mode con codepage prepare=((720)
> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega4.cpi)
> mode con codepage select=720
> set DJGPP=C:\DJGPP\DJGPP.ENV
> set PATH=C:\DJGPP\BIN;%PATH%
> set CLASSPATH=.;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xalan.jar;
> c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xml-apis.jar;
> c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xercesImpl.jar

Hi

I do have also xalan installed on win98 at home but the jar files are in
c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\

I would also put everything on one line as well:

set
CLASSPATH=.;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xalan.jar;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xml-apis.jar
;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xercesImpl.jar

Hope this help

Xavier

Re: help me start with xalan

Posted by karim zerioh <ze...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hello,

It still gives me the same error.

Here is my autoexec.bat perhaps i made somme error.

mode con codepage prepare=((850)
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega4.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb fr 850
mode con codepage prepare=((720)
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega4.cpi)
mode con codepage select=720
set DJGPP=C:\DJGPP\DJGPP.ENV
set PATH=C:\DJGPP\BIN;%PATH%
set CLASSPATH=.;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xalan.jar;
c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xml-apis.jar;
c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xercesImpl.jar

thanks

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: help me start with xalan

Posted by Alan Eustace <al...@DIT.IE>.
seems like a classpath issue.
i'm not sure of the details on this, but if you don't specify the current
directory on your classpath( with "." representing the current dir), the
compiler can't see the file you're trying to run.

try setting your classpath like this:

  set CLASSPATH=
.;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xalan.jar;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xml-apis.jar;c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xercesImpl.jar

with  ".;" at the start.

At 04:35 PM 5/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've just downloaded and installed xalan.
>But i can't make it work.
>I have installed Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
>Standard Edition Version 1.3.1
>I set the classpath as the following:
>set CLASSPATH=c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xalan.jar;
>c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xml-apis.jar;
>c:\xalan-j_2_3_1\xercesImpl.jar
>
>Now when i run an example proposed in the getting
>started page of xalan i get the following error:
>C:\xalan-j_2_3_1\samples\SimpleTransform>java
>SimpleTransform
>Exception in thread "main"
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: SimpleTransform
>
>So, what should I do?
>I've never programmed with java :(
>I hope this isn't too obvious for people who use java
>:)
>
>Thank you

>http://uk.my.yahoo.com
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses by the
>DIT Computer Centre Mail Scanner service, and is
>believed to be clean.

Alan Eustace
CHI Project
Digital Media Centre