Posted to user@spark.apache.org by aminn_524 <am...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/01 15:21:36 UTC

difference between worker and slave nodes

Can anyone explain to me what is difference between worker and slave? I hav
e one master and two slaves which are connected to each other, by using jps
command I can see master in master node and worker in slave nodes but I dont
have any worker in my master by using this command
/bin/spark-classorg.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://x.x.x.174:7077
I have thought the slaves would be working as worker