Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2003/12/19 21:44:09 UTC

Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released

The latest interim release of Subversion is ready at

   http://svn.collab.net/tarballs/subversion-0.35.0.tar.gz

The MD5 checksum is affeeda0a20d61a11fce2b1e19651062.

   - NOTE: Subversion once again does deltification automatically.
     Read the CHANGES below for more info

Please direct questions/comments to the users@subversion.tigris.org

Here is the CHANGES list for this release:

Version 0.35.0 (branching 12 December 2003, from revision 7994)
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/0.35.0

                              NOTICES:

    1. As of this release, Subversion once again does deltification
       automatically.  This means that the deltification step most
       repositories introduced into their post-commit hooks as of
       release 0.33.0 should now be reverted.  Look for a line with
       "svnadmin deltify" in hooks/post-commit, and remove it.

    2. We now recommend using Berkeley DB 4.2.52 or higher for SVN
       repositories.  See http://sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml.

 User-visible changes:
 * BDB log files are automatically pruned, with BDB 4.2.50 and higher
(#1615)
 * deltification is automatic again (issue #1601)
 * fix: svn diff -rX:Y wcpath' may lie (issue #1616)
 * fix: URI-decoding problem on 'svn import' (issue #1622)
 * automatic log file removal on repositorys (issue #1615)
 * many other enhancements, minor features, and bugfixes not listed here

 Developer-visible changes:
 * misc. improvements on Perl and Java bindings
 * improved diff handling (r7985)
 * many other changes not listed here

 Merged revisions after release branching:
 * r8009, r8010 and r8011 - Java bindings
 * r8041 - typo/bugfix

Enjoy :-)

Jostein

Re: Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

>Folks: we got this settled in IRC.
>
>Watch for a 0.35.1 very soon.
>
>The problems are not showstoppers, but they might bother some Windows
>users, so we thought a 0.35.1 would be best.  We're talking about
>r8048 and the solution to issue #1660 here.  The two changes will be
>proposed as 1.0 fixes as well, since 0.35.1 is not an ancestor of 1.0.

Issue 1660 was fixed in r8052. All tests pass, and I made sure that the
fix indeed does work with non-ascii characters in the user name.

Re: Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Folks: we got this settled in IRC.

Watch for a 0.35.1 very soon.

The problems are not showstoppers, but they might bother some Windows
users, so we thought a 0.35.1 would be best.  We're talking about
r8048 and the solution to issue #1660 here.  The two changes will be
proposed as 1.0 fixes as well, since 0.35.1 is not an ancestor of 1.0.

-Karl

Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> So now we have a release that has a known bug on Windows, even though
> I've had a patch ready and waiting for votes for quite some time now.
>
> Well, foo. I won't build Windows binaries from this tarball.

I'm sorry, Brane.  There have been so many threads in the last few
days -- did I help to quash something without fully understanding what
it fixed?

I would point out that the release date has been known for ages now.
If you think this is enough of a mistake to warrant this mail now,
then you could have made this same post yesterday and alerted everyone
(or did you, and we just didn't understand the urgency)?

We do want to get Windows testing for this release, if possible, since
it shares so much with the 1.0 line...

Could you be more specific about what is broken, and how the fix got
prevented, and what you think we should do now?

-Karl

Re: Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Re: Berkeley DB 4.2.52 [Was: Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released]

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Christophe Labouisse wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:44:09 +0100
>"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> wrote:
>

>>    2. We now recommend using Berkeley DB 4.2.52 or higher for SVN
>>       repositories.  See http://sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml.
>>

>I had trouble compiling svn 0.35 with DB 4.2. After installing DB 4.2 in
>the standard place I unpack subversion 0.35.0 and run configure
>supplying "--with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/" but I notice
>the following warning :
>
>configure: WARNING: APR-UTIL may or may not be using the specified
>                     Berkeley DB at `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/'.  Using
>the Berkeley DB                     supplied by APR-UTIL.
>
>I tried to recompile apache 2.0.48 but it seems that apr is only looking
>for db in a few places not including /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/.

So what's wrong with configuring httpd --with-berkeley-db, too?

Berkeley DB 4.2.52 [Was: Ann: Subversion 0.35.0 released]

Posted by Christophe Labouisse <ga...@tigris.org>.

--
Le cinéma en Lumière : http://www.lumiere.org/