Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/08/15 15:51:13 UTC

troublesome jaxen POM

I've had to move a jar to our local repository with a handwritten pom
because this bunny didnt work

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/jaxen/jaxen/1.1-beta-7/jaxen-1.1-beta-7.pom

1, it wants Dom4J, which aint in the repository

2. it shouldnt be asking for it anyway; all it needs is an XML impl.

Re: troublesome jaxen POM

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

> I've had to move a jar to our local repository with a handwritten pom
> because this bunny didnt work
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/jaxen/jaxen/1.1-beta-7/jaxen-1.1-beta-7.pom
>
> 1, it wants Dom4J, which aint in the repository

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/dom4j/dom4j/1.5.2/dom4j-1.5.2.pom
looks ok to me?
it may be because the dependency is circular - that should work though.

> 2. it shouldnt be asking for it anyway; all it needs is an XML impl.

yes, I know it has a bunch of optional dependencies in there. You can
exclude them from your end, though we really need to work on making this
workable without it.

- Brett