Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl> on 2005/11/14 17:38:17 UTC

Extending the XML Serializer

Hi,

I have extended the XML Serializer to make it write named entities. But they come out like "&amp;ent;".

Is there a way to disable the 'output escaping'? Or is there another convenient way of making this work?

Regards,
Geert

Re: Extending the XML Serializer [solved]

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Found the answer on
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/sax/package-summary.html:

Use
	super.processingInstruction(Result.PI_DISABLE_OUTPUT_ESCAPING, "");
and
         super.processingInstruction(Result.PI_ENABLE_OUTPUT_ESCAPING, "");

:-)

Geert