Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Steve Pannier <sp...@jacada.com> on 2002/04/05 17:03:03 UTC

[jUDDI-users] Basic jUDDI questions

Hi all.

I'm fairly new to the UDDI world, and have some basic questions about
UDDI registries.  We are adding Web Services support to our product,
and I'm looking at ways to register services generated by our product
as Web Services in a UDDI registry.  I am aware that there are several
public registries (IBM, MS, HP, etc), but we would also like to give our
customers the ability to register their services in a private registry.
Because they may not have access to a private UDDI registry, is it
reasonable to assume we can simply provide within our product
software (something like, say, jUDDI) that provides a UDDI registry
implementation?

I just learned about jUDDI today, and it looks like it would be a good
fit for our product, mostly because it supports MySQL.  Can anyone
verify this for me?  Also, when is the target date for the 1st release of
jUDDI?

Also, can anyone point me to documentation describing what the
requirements are for using jUDDI.  For example, what databases are
supported, what 3rd party libraries (if any) are required to use jUDDI,
etc.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.