Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Stenberg <da...@haxx.se> on 2001/12/04 12:29:11 UTC

my svn.1 commit message (r589)

Uh

I don't know how I managed to make my whole new file as commit message. I'm
sorry. It was supposed to look like this:

* subversion/clients/cmdline/man/svn.1

 Changed the wording for 'delete' as discussed before on the mailing list. It
 is now less "CVSish" and more "SVNish".

 I also added 'mkdir' and 'move' to the page. 'copy' was slighly changed.

 We still need to go over details and fill in.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77

Re: my svn.1 commit message (r589)

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:
> Karl, in response to your silliness :-) has proposed that we, as a
> sanity check, error out if the file used for the log message is a
> versioned one.  This could be overridden, of course, with a 'force'
> flag.

Filed as issue #576, a "bite-sized" task, just waiting for someone to
pick it up...

-Karl

Re: my svn.1 commit message (r589)

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Daniel Stenberg <da...@haxx.se> writes:

> I don't know how I managed to make my whole new file as commit message. I'm
> sorry. It was supposed to look like this:

I'm guessing you did:

   svn ci -F svn.1   (which will simply commit `.' with svn.1 as a log)

when you meant:

   svn ci -F <log_file> svn.1