Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by William Perng <wp...@salmonllc.com> on 2007/10/25 22:24:59 UTC

OrderHead and TrackingCode

There is a many to many relationship between OrderHeader table and
TrackingCode table.  I thought many(OrderHeader) to one(TrackingCode) should
be good enough.  Could anyone please tell me what's the design idea(or
business benefit) behind this ?

William

Re: OrderHead and TrackingCode

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
split shipments

William Perng sent the following on 10/25/2007 1:24 PM:

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:24 PM, William Perng wrote:

> There is a many to many relationship between OrderHeader table and
> TrackingCode table.  I thought many(OrderHeader) to one
> (TrackingCode) should
> be good enough.  Could anyone please tell me what's the design idea(or
> business benefit) behind this ?

In general tracking codes are attached to visiting of certain URLs or
other things. There can certainly be more than one in a session,
though usually one per tracking code type attached to orders. All
codes seen during the session are attached to the Visit though.

-David