Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2020/12/01 13:42:02 UTC

Re: Adding IPv6 IP Prefix to existing SharedNetwork

On 30/11/2020 10:55, Hean Seng wrote:
> Hi Wido
>
>   It actually doesn't matter  if the existing VM does not get the IPv6
> after it has altered, as the time they existing VM registered ,  it does
> not have IPv6 .  So it is understandable that new add-on  IPv6 feature
> doesn't take effect.

Understood.

I see a possibility where IPv6 details can be added to a network at a
later stage, but only if there is no IPv6 configuration in the network yet.

The problem is that IPv6 Router Advertisements will be allowed to be
send to the VMs and they will generate an address, but this will not be
allowed by the Security Groups.

So this will require some manual hacking in the database, I don't see
another way around it.

Wido