Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Manuel Santillan <sa...@dit.upm.es> on 2006/09/07 11:10:25 UTC

License issue

Hi all,

IANAL, o I'm a bit confused about licenses. Is it possible to commit
code that depends on MPL'd code(Mozilla license)? What about
dependencies on CPL'd code?

Thanx!!

//manuel

Re: License issue

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
Sorry guys - just read into that and can see that now.
Apologies for missing the point on this one
- R

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com

Re: License issue

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: License issue

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Sorry for the confusion of my response.

The question was about having dependencies from Felix (subproject) code
to MPL or CPL licensed code.

My response was intended to mean that Apache legal says that it is ok to
have binary MPL or CPL products in our releases, but not source versions
of them.

This is an Apache issue, not a general open source issue. The source use
of these licenses requires some degree of reciprocity, which is why they
cannot be included in Apache releases.

-> richard

Re: License issue

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.