Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/02 15:37:42 UTC

Apache representative on JSR 333

Hi,

The work on version 2.1 of the JCR API is about to get started in JSR
333 (Content Repository API for Java Technology 2.1, see [1]).

The RI and TCK of the updated spec will most likely again be developed
within Apache Jackrabbit, so wearing my VP, Jackrabbit hat I plan to
join the JSR 333 expert group as a representative of the Apache
Software Foundation. Like in the earlier JCR expert groups, I expect
to be a key person in driving and coordinating the RI and TCK
implementation work within the Jackrabbit community.

Note that I'm also employed by the spec lead company, but I expect
little conflict from wearing these two hats.

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/summary?id=333

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Apache representative on JSR 333

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The work on version 2.1 of the JCR API is about to get started in JSR
> 333 (Content Repository API for Java Technology 2.1, see [1]).
>
> The RI and TCK of the updated spec will most likely again be developed
> within Apache Jackrabbit, so wearing my VP, Jackrabbit hat I plan to
> join the JSR 333 expert group as a representative of the Apache
> Software Foundation.

Now that the dust from last month [1] has settled and since we are
supposed to be "removing all official representatives from any and all
JSRs", I think we should also resign from the JSR 333 expert group. I
can take care of that.

Note that the goal of Apache Jackrabbit is still to be the JCR
reference implementation, and as such we plan to implement the RI and
TCK codebases also for JSR 333. In practice this should be no problem
since many of our committers are included in the JSR 333 expert group
either as individuals or as employees of member companies, and since
the spec lead has traditionally made also intermediate versions of the
spec available under a liberal license.

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_asf_resigns_from_the

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
that's great.  I'm not sure where there could be COI.

geir