Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by mast <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 11:11:17 UTC

Maven archetypeVersion number confusion when building artifact

Hi,

I have tried to build an artifact for smx version 3.3.
mvn archetype:create \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-eip-service-unit \
-DarchetypeVersion=3.3 \
-DgroupId=com.test \
-DartifactId=my-eip-su

This fails with the exception:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error:
org.apache.maven.archetype.downloader.DownloadNotFoundException: Requested
download does not exist.
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Are there no artifacts for version 3.3? Is the(supported) diffrent version
numbers for artifacts listed anywhere on the servicemix web so I can see
what version numbers are there and which one is the latest etc. Otherwise is
there any other way to get the a hold on the information?

Doing this with 3.2.3 as archetypeVersion works as expected.

Re: Maven archetypeVersion number confusion when building artifact

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Gert, you are the man!

Keep up the good work for newbies as me ; )

BR
Mathias

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,