Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> on 2017/10/13 20:02:18 UTC

Re: script before & after connecting

JHache-Deschenes@infoplus.ca>:

> Is there a way to execute script on “guacamole server” before&after
> connecting a specific RDP, VNC, TELNET, SSH connexion.
>
> We want to be able to execute script before connecting to session.
>
> -          Start connexion (RDP, VPN, TELNET, SSH)
>
> And be able to execute script when closing session.
>
> It could be a lot of thing.
>
> -          In our case we would like to start a openvpn connexion before
> connecting & close vpn when session close.

To provide connections with additional behavior prior to establishing the
connection and after the connection is closed, you'll want to write an
extension. You can rely on existing extensions to handle authentication,
while your extension serves only to define the connections available to any
particular user. As it's the responsibility of the extension defining the
connection to establish the actual TCP connection to guacd, you will have
full control of exactly what happens prior to connecting, as well as what
cleanup occurs when the connection is closed.

- Mike