Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by oignatenko <oi...@gridgain.com> on 2019/01/22 17:19:09 UTC

Re: Is it time to move forward to JUnit4 (5)?

...sort of a follow-up. I gave folks a bit more leeway than originally
planned week or two.

It's been about a month since master was changed in a way that wouldn't
allow JUnit 3 tests execute anymore (per IGNITE-10177) and I just started
progress on IGNITE-10629 and made a promised inspection for tests that could
slip through without required annotation while we were migrating the project
to JUnit 4.

Results of this check look pretty good, IDEA reported only 6 (six)
troublesome test cases (4 of which were by the way annotated @Ignore,
meaning that even with added @Test these won't run anyway). Compared to over
11,600 properly annotated test cases this looks really minor. We probably
can say that tests in master migrated to JUnit 4 quite smoothly.

 regards, Oleg

Vladimir Ozerov wrote

Posted by oignatenko <oi...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Ivan,

While I have your attention, I would like to say huge thanks for your
contribution to migration efforts.

I am specifically talking about trick you proposed when it started, with
using TestRule in GridAbstractTest to enable switching between JUnit 3 and 4
execution modes.

Looking back, I think that approach I originally planned (before you
proposed this way) would cause us much more hassle in migration.

REGARDS, Oleg

Павлухин Иван wrote

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Cheers!