Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hai To Thanh <ng...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/18 04:14:38 UTC

WEB-INF directory is not created...?

 Hi,
 I installed Tomcat 4.0 under Linux. Now, I am
creating a new web application follow instruction:

"http://localhost:8080/manager/
install?path=/exercise&war=file:/exercise"

After that, following message appeared:

 "OK-installed application at context path /exercise".

 But WEB-INF directory was not created. So I can not
see true result when I try to open it under browses.

 Help me...!
 Thank you

Re: WEB-INF directory is not created...?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Hai To Thanh wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hai To Thanh <ng...@yahoo.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: WEB-INF directory is not created...?
>
>  Hi,
>  I installed Tomcat 4.0 under Linux. Now, I am
> creating a new web application follow instruction:
>
> "http://localhost:8080/manager/
> install?path=/exercise&war=file:/exercise"
>
> After that, following message appeared:
>
>  "OK-installed application at context path /exercise".
>
>  But WEB-INF directory was not created. So I can not
> see true result when I try to open it under browses.

Tomcat never creates a WEB-INF directory for you -- if you want one, it's
up to you to have it in the "exercise" directory already.

>  Help me...!
>  Thank you

Craig