Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "hsy541@gmail.com" <hs...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 17:17:30 UTC

Questions about dag validation

Hey guys,

I've a problem using jdbc output operator. It is same as
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37887390/datatorrent-jdbcoperator-not-workiing

After trouble shooting, I found there might be some validation issue here
that prerun validation for dag won't work in some special case

Here is an example, let's say we have an Operator

class MyOperator<B extends MyBean> implements Operator {

   B b;

}

class MyBean {
 @NotNull
 cantBeNullProp

 setCan...

 getCan...

}

If user forget to set the cantBeNullProp Property, prerun validation won't
pick it.

Is it a limitation of javax validation or we can do better to support this
kind of validation?

Regards,
Siyuan

Re: Questions about dag validation

Posted by Devendra Tagare <de...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Siyuan,

Can you bump up the version to 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT.There was a fix for the error
mentioned below.

Thanks,
Dev