Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/05/03 23:49:14 UTC

Re: Change sibling repeater's droplist??

On 04.05.2004 14:38, Christina wrote:

> I want to change "doplist-inner" in all rows of repeater "inner"
> whenever the value of "droplist-outer" changes, but because they are
> in different level, it seems you cannot use javasript
> event.source.parent.getWidget("inner").getWidget("droplist-inner")
> from "droplist-outer"'s <wd:on-value-changed>. every time there is
> error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Repeater: Row id is not a valid
> integer: droplist-inner .

event.source.parent.getWidget("inner") points to the inner repeater.

event.source.parent.getWidget("inner").getWidget("droplist-inner") tries
to point to a widget inside that repeater - but in which row??

Somewhat is missing obviously.

Joerg

Re: Change sibling repeater's droplist??

Posted by Christina <le...@hotmail.com>.
yeah! I realized that. But I want to set all rows' droplist including newly
added rows in the future.
If I set the row number, then only those rows can be set. newly added rows
in the future will have a null list.
I searched the repeater class, there is a function which doesn't require Row
parameter:   Widget getWidget(String id)
                Gets the child widget with the given id.

Any idea to fix this problem???????//
Thanks!!!