Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/02/08 16:55:35 UTC

debug level

Before I start digging through the code...
Where can I set the logger verbosity?
Is there a servlet parameter?
--
Torsten

Re: debug level

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Torsten Curdt (tcurdt@dff.st) wrote :
> Sorry - yes, meant C2 ;)
>
> How can I combine them? Comma separated: DEBUG,INFO,ERROR?

Nope, it's a cutoff point. So DEBUG will include *everything*, whereas
INFO will only include things at least as sevear as 'info'.

Paul.

Re: debug level

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > Before I start digging through the code...
> > > Where can I set the logger verbosity?
> > > Is there a servlet parameter?
> >
> > The servlet parameter is called "log-level"
> > Valid levels are:
> >
> > DEBUG
> > INFO
> > WARN
> > ERROR
> > FATAL_ERROR
> >
> > Of course I am assuming you are refering to Cocoon 2?
>
> Sorry - yes, meant C2 ;)
>
> How can I combine them? Comma separated: DEBUG,INFO,ERROR?

Combine them?  It is a level or above approach.  What you
are setting is the minimum log level.  DEBUG gives you all
the messages (and there are plenty).  INFO gives you interesting
ones and performance logging.  WARN gives you some potential
problems, ERROR gives you problems with your pages, and very
few things are FATAL_ERROR.

RE: debug level

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Re: debug level

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: debug level

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Torsten Curdt (tcurdt@dff.st) wrote :
> Before I start digging through the code...
> Where can I set the logger verbosity?
> Is there a servlet parameter?

Yep...

  <init-param>