Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matt Richards <mr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/25 23:53:01 UTC

[Introduction] Getting involved with Apache OOo

Greetings,

I have been using OOo for quite some time (its been my fall back if I'm not
able to use Microsoft's suite [mostly on Linux and Mac]) and am very pleased
seeing it become an Apache project. While, I've not really been part of the
OOo community until I heard it has been accepted into the incubator (I been
lurking on the general list, [stuck around after another project I've been
following got accepted into the incubator]), I'm quite interested in helping
this project in anyway shape or form that my skill set is able to do so
(time is also key factor). I do not have much in the way of development
skill set, my primary background is in customer service, with a little bit
of qa testing and a bit of linux server administration.

Anyhow, I mostly wanted to introduce myself and welcome the project [Yea, I
know it a bit on the late side.. I'm more of a lurker]. I've been reading a
few of the discussion threads so far, very pleased with the way things are
heading at this time.

Thanks for reading, please let me know if I can help in shape or form at
this stage.

--
--Matt

Re: [Introduction] Getting involved with Apache OOo

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Matt Richards <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I've signed up on the users ML, though that does
> not appear to be that active just yet. I've not bothered to signup on any of
> the older existing MLs as I figure those will eventually disappear. I've
> given a quick glance at the current incubator website thus far. Have not dug
> real deep into the project migration information on the wiki (only a little
> bit on the wiki/forums). Still struggling a little bit here and there with
> learning the Apache way of things, digging around as much as I can before I
> bother people with questions..

For general Apache and Apache Way info, I'd recommend:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

http://community.apache.org/newcomers/index.html

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html (and note the link
to the video in the comments)