Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/01/12 21:18:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r493154 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: build/ dependencies/ parser/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/parser/stax/

On 1/5/07, jmsnell@apache.org <jm...@apache.org> wrote:

> For some reason the Stax Reference Impl version we're using doesn't work
> properly with xml:lang and xml:base attributes.
> (it outputs xmlns:lang and xmlns:base).  For now, I've removed the stax
> ref impl from the dependency chain (meaning that
> we're using Woodstox by default).

Just one of many bugs in the stax reference implementation (in addition to
its very poor performance).  I would advise not using the RI ever and have
even proposed that Woodstox become the RI for the next version of the spec.
We'll see if this happens though!

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions