Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de> on 2008/05/10 18:36:23 UTC

T5 setting initial sort order for grid in T5.0.11

Hi,

I'm just upgrading our T5 app from 5.0.10-SNAPSHOT to 5.0.11.
Before we specified the initial sort order with this:

  _grid.setSortColumnId("month");
  _grid.setSortAscending(false);

With 5.0.11 this is gone. Can anybody tell me how one can specify the
initial sort order (coumn and ascending) in 5.0.11?

Thanx && cheers,
Martin

Re: T5 setting initial sort order for grid in T5.0.11

Posted by grashopper <ax...@freiheit.com>.

Tobias Wehrum wrote:

> But that doesn't seem very ideal to me, and I hope there is a better way.

I'd still prefer to be able to specify a default sorting in the template,
but here's how I implement an initial sorting on a grid:

if ( grid.getSortModel().getSortContraints().isEmpty() ) {
  _grid.getSortModel().updateSort("colName");
}

Re: T5 setting initial sort order for grid in T5.0.11

Posted by Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de>.
Hi Martin,

with _grid.getSortModel().getColumnSort("month") you can test whether
month is sorted, and which way, and with updateSort("month") you can
cycle through the states.
To sort descending, I call:

if (overviewGrid.getSortModel().getColumnSort("month") ==
ColumnSort.UNSORTED) {
     overviewGrid.getSortModel().updateSort("month");
}

if (overviewGrid.getSortModel().getColumnSort("month") ==
ColumnSort.ASCENDING) {
     overviewGrid.getSortModel().updateSort("month");
}

But that doesn't seem very ideal to me, and I hope there is a better way.

Greetings,
Tobias