Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Park, Sung-Gu" <je...@thinkfree.com> on 2000/12/12 06:01:22 UTC

Auth Basic interoperation with Zope

Zope Server returns string "basic" in www-authenticate header.
I don't know whether "Basic" is correct or "basic."
please, refer to RFC2617.

CLASS: Authenticator

CODE:
        if (challenge.toLowerCase().startsWith("basic")) {
            return basic(credentials);
        } else if (challenge.toLowerCase().startsWith("digest")) {

Re: Auth Basic interoperation with Zope

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Zope Server returns string "basic" in www-authenticate header.
> I don't know whether "Basic" is correct or "basic."
> please, refer to RFC2617.

"Basic" (and "Digest") are the correct values, but allowing case variations
for robustness looks like a sensible thing to do.

Remy