Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Swetad90 <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 23:59:22 UTC

Re: Apache ignite performance

Hi Sasha,

We are in the cloud platform. While In understand the points you have given
below are valid incase of VMs, is it a strict No-No for ignite to run on
VMs?
VMs gives us an auto scalability and on-demand services which we wanted to
leverage with ignite.

Re: Apache ignite performance

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Ignite can be freely and safely deployed in virtual and containerized environments and, frankly, I bet that a bunch of Ignite production deployments reside in cloud environments.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/deployment

I guess what Sasha tried to say is that performance benchmarks might float on virtual hosts from run to run. This is just about performance numbers and not related to production deployments.

Answering on your questions:

*1. Performance or drawbacks of ignite on virtual machines versus ignite deployed on physical servers? Has anyone seen any overcommitting memory in VMs ?*

Haven’t spotted any issues related to VM based deployment. It’s all about how powerful your hardware or VM is.

*2. Is there anyway to monitor realtime events in production?*

https://ignite.apache.org/addons.html#web-console

—
Denis